Dr. Seuss wants us all to try green eggs and ham and with this easy scrambled egg recipe we have no need not to. Skip the food coloring and use spinach and lots of fresh herb to give the eggs a green makeover.
3 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, divided
4 c. packed baby spinach
8 large eggs
1/4 c. milk
2 tbsp. freshly chopped basil
1 tbsp. freshly chopped parsley
1 tbsp. freshly chopped chives
2 tsp. fresh thyme leaves
Freshly ground black pepper
Pinch crushed red pepper flakes
1 ham steak
This ingredient shopping module is created and maintained by a third party, and imported onto this page. You may be able to find more information about this and similar content on their website.
- In a medium nonstick skillet over medium heat, heat 1 tablespoon oil. Add spinach and sauté until wilted.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs and milk. Add herbs and wilted spinach and season with salt, pepper, and a pinch of red pepper flakes.
- To the same skillet over medium heat, heat another tablespoon of oil. Add eggs and reduce heat to medium-low. Use a rubber spatula to stir eggs around until just set. Scrape eggs onto a plate immediately.
- In another medium skillet over medium heat, heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil. Add ham and cook until golden, 3 to 5 minutes per side.
- Slice ham and serve with scrambled eggs.